This Privacy Notice describes the different types of personal data we may collect, how we use that information, and when (in specific circumstances) we may disclose that information. This Privacy Notice also outlines the steps we have taken to protect your personal data. By accessing our Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any non-Riobec website that may have a destination or origin link to this Site.
Riobec does not collect personal data about you unless you have expressly provided it with full knowledge of the facts. This information includes, but is not limited to, name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, credit card information and customer preference information. Here are some of the ways we may collect this information from you:
- Registration and Ordering: Before you can use certain parts of this Site or before you can start products, you must complete a registration form. When you make this registration, you are asked to provide certain personal data, including, but not limited to, your name, your delivery and billing addresses, your telephone number, your e-mail address and your credit card number. In addition, you may be asked to provide your gender, occupation, country of residence and, for business accounts, the country in which the company does business. This information allows us to comply with the laws and regulations in force. In addition, this personal data is used for billing purposes, order processing, communication with you regarding your order and this Site, and internal marketing. If we encounter a problem while processing your order, we use the personal data to contact you.
- E-mail address: certain parts of the Site allow you to indicate your e-mail address, in particular for the purpose of, but not limited to: subscribing to the newsletter, the Ambassador club or opening a Riobec account.
- Live support: our instant messaging function records all conversations for a period set by Riobec. These transcripts are viewed by Riobec for training and customer service purposes only.
- Written Reviews: Riobec requires a valid registered email address and reviewer name to complete the review form related to a specific Riobec product. Following the moderation process, your review, along with your reviewer name and date, will be displayed on our Site.
- Video Ratings: You have the option to submit a video rating by uploading or recording directly to our Site. This rating may be rated, tagged, or shared by users accessing the Site via email or social networking sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram or Google+). Following the moderation process, the video is uploaded to our Site. Please note that if your Riobec profile is linked to a profile on a social networking site (such as Facebook), your name serves as a hypertext link and Site users are able to click through to your profile on the social networking.
Riobec may transfer your personal data between its subsidiaries. In the event of transfer of your personal data, Riobec will (i) comply with all applicable laws and (ii) take all reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal data.
USE OF INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent customer information, and all information provided to Riobec is kept confidential, provided that:
- We may share data in aggregate or summary form about our customers with partners, advertisers or other third parties.
- We may share information with companies providing support services to us, such as printing companies, mailing houses, payment service providers or website hosts. These companies need information about you in order to perform their functions and they are subject to confidentiality agreements. Unless otherwise required by law, they are not permitted to use the personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. This information may also be shared with marketing companies which we believe may offer products or services that may be of interest to you. This helps them and/or Riobec to market products and services consistent with the marketing preferences you have indicated as part of your registration.
- We use your personal data to communicate with you about your orders and deliveries, and we may send you a confirmation email when you register or place an order with us. In addition, if you provide your email address to register for the newsletter, the Ambassador Club or to open a Riobec account, we may use this information to keep in touch with you and/or monitor whether you open and/or or click on URLs in emails from Riobec.
- We may be required to disclose this information (a) in response to a subpoena, court order, request from law enforcement officers, (b) if the request is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Riobec or other parties, or (c) if we are under a legal duty to disclose such information.
- We may disclose the identity of the winner of an online sweepstakes, contest or promotion.
- In the event that Riobec or the companies under its assets are acquired or merged with another company, we may share your information with our legitimate assignees.
- We will use your written and/or video reviews on our Site and/or within the Riobec company for the purpose of improving products, developing new products, improving the customer experience and possibly to communication or public relations purposes
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We make every effort to make shopping on the Site easy, safe and worry-free. We have taken several measures, including compliance with the PCI DSS standard, to ensure the protection and security of your orders and your credit card data. Our servers use the SSL protocol, which is an advanced encryption technology compatible with the main browser applications available on the market, and the security of the Site has been tested and checked by service providers specialized in security.
SSL is considered the industry standard and is among the best solutions available for encrypting online transactions. Your personal data, including your name, credit card number and address, is encrypted so that it cannot be read during transmission over the Internet. Regardless of the extent of these efforts, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security of data transmissions over the Internet. The information you transmit to us is therefore sent at your own risk.
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential to allow you to browse our Site and use the features it offers, in particular by accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, it is not possible to offer the services you have requested, such as shopping carts.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Site, for example which pages visitors go to most frequently, and if they receive error messages from certain web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies visitors. All information collected by these cookies is compiled in aggregate form, and therefore anonymous. They are only used to optimize the operation of a website.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow the Site to remember the choices you make (for example your user name, the language or the region you are in) and offer more advanced and personalized functionalities. The information collected by these cookies may be anonymized and does not allow your activity to be tracked on other websites.
- Targeting/marketing cookies: these cookies are used to present advertising messages tailored to your situation and interests. They also allow you to limit the number of times you see an advertising message while helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually inserted by advertising networks with our permission. They remember the fact that you have accessed the Site and pass this information on to other organisations, such as advertisers.
In addition to the points above, please note that our Site and our service providers may also use all or part of the IP address of your terminal in a similar manner
Salesforce: http ://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/
Pinterest: https://about.pinterest.com/en/privacy -policy
Please note that by disabling cookies, you may no longer be able to shop on this Site.
SAFE SHOPPING GUARANTEE (FOR US RESIDENTS ONLY)
The Fair Credit Billing Act states that your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 for fraudulent charges on a credit card. If your bank were to hold you liable for up to $50.00, Riobec would cover the entire expense, up to a maximum of $50.00.
If you suspect unauthorized use of your credit card, you should notify the company that issued your credit card, in accordance with their reporting policies and procedures.
Please note that Riobec will assume this liability only if you are not responsible for the unauthorized use of your credit card for purchases made online from Riobec while using our secure server.
CHILDREN'S DATA PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have collected personal identification data from a user of the Site who is under the age of thirteen, we will delete that child's personal data from our records.
You have the right to (a) access, correct, delete or update your personal data, (b) to stop receiving emails from us by clicking on the opt-out message in communication or by sending an email to email@example.com, (c) to prohibit us from monitoring whether you open and/or click on URLs in emails from Riobec by clicking on the opt-out message in communication or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or, (d) to delete your account to prevent any future purchases on this account.Please note that in the event of an account deletion, we will retain certain information (including but not limited to personal information) in order to fulfill our legal and accounting obligations, for business purposes and to protect the interests of Riobec (for example , invoices, payment transaction details, transportation and transactional information, etc). You can also submit these requests by email to email@example.com. Please clearly state "Withdrawal/Corrections" in the subject line of the message, without emailing your credit card number or other sensitive information. In certain circumstances, identification and proof of payment may be required.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF OFFLINE INFORMATION
Most of the information we collect is obtained through our Site and this Privacy Notice applies only to that online collection of personal data. We also collect certain information offline, and we also strive to protect the confidentiality of your personal data in this case. For example, it could be a call to place an order or to ask questions. When someone calls us, we only ask for the personal data we need to place the order or answer the question. When we need to save information (such as order information), we enter it into our database using SSL encryption. (See the Protecting your information section above for additional information.) Please note that all calls are recorded for training and customer service purposes, as well as to provide evidence of any potential transactions. Calls are kept for a period set by Riobec.
We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to fully understand the terms currently in effect.
QUESTION AND FEEDBACK
We welcome any questions, comments or concerns you may have about privacy. Please send us any feedback relating to confidentiality or any other question to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
540 Boulevard Saint-Joseph
Please also see our Terms of Service section which explains the other terms and conditions governing our site..